Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Text Band Characteristics

To kick off the beginning of the school year, my district offers a variety of optional professional development.  A session I was involved in leading (along side two of my reading teacher colleagues), was exploring the characteristics of text bands.  The participating teachers had the opportunity to do some reading on a selected text band.  As a small group, they found the characteristics of the band and then discussed possible ways to teach the characteristics (taking the characteristic and turning it into a teaching point for a conference or small group).

Below are the impressive charts each group made.




 

This session left me feeling even more energized for the beginning of the school year.  I enjoy hearing other professional's ideas in how they would deliver a teaching point and instruct their students.

This was a great way to start the school year!

Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment